Contact Person : ZHANG
Phone Number : 86-18137338517
WhatsApp : +8618137338517
September 25, 2023
Tungsten and molybdenum products are easy to oxidize and change color. Their oxides are soluble in water and are acidic. They must be stored in an environment with a humidity below 60% and a temperature below 28°C, and isolated from other chemicals.
(1) At high temperatures (close to the melting point of metals), they will react with other metals (iron and its alloys, nickel and its alloys, etc.), sometimes causing the material to embrittle. Therefore, when heat treating tungsten and molybdenum products, please perform it in a vacuum (below 10-3Pa), reducing (H2) or inert gas (N2, Ar, etc.) atmosphere.
(2) Tungsten and molybdenum products will become embrittled when reacting with carbon, so do not contact them when heat treatment is performed at temperatures above 800°C. However, the degree of embrittlement caused by carbonization of molybdenum products is very small below 1500°C.
(1) Bending, punching, shearing, cutting, etc. of tungsten-molybdenum plate products are prone to cracks when processed at room temperature. It is recommended to use heating processing. However, molybdenum plates will become embrittled when heated above 1000°C, so they are not suitable for heating processing and can participate in powder metallurgy and rolling processing.
(2) When mechanically grinding tungsten and molybdenum products, a grinding method suitable for various occasions must be selected.
4.Oxide removal method
Tungsten and molybdenum products are easily oxidized. When removing heavy oxides, you can use strong acid (fluoric acid, nitric acid, hydrochloric acid, etc.) to treat them. For light oxides, you can use a cleaning agent with abrasive added, wipe it with a soft cloth or sponge, and then wash it with warm water, but wash it thoroughly. The product will lose its metallic luster.
5.Precautions for use
(1) Tungsten and molybdenum sheets are as sharp as knives, and the burrs on the corners and end surfaces may cause cuts to your hands. Please wear protective gear when using the product.
(2) The density of tungsten is about 2.5 times that of iron, and the density of molybdenum is about 1.3 times that of iron. The actual weight is much heavier than the visual inspection, so manual transportation may cause personal injury. It is recommended to carry out manual transportation when the weight is less than 20KG. operate.
6.Precautions for transportation
Tungsten and molybdenum products from molybdenum plate manufacturers are brittle metals that are prone to cracking and delamination. Therefore, they need to be filled with shock-absorbing materials during transportation. Be careful not to apply shock or vibration.