Pure Tungsten Rod
Pure tungsten rods are made from pure tungsten powder, which is usually quite high in purity, 99.95%. Tungsten metal can be processed by forging, extrusion, drawing, rolling, etc. Pure tungsten ingots use tungsten powder as raw material, and pure tungsten ingots made by powder metallurgy are the raw materials for processing tungsten rods. Tungsten rods have excellent heat resistance, heat emission, strength and hardness. Therefore, they are used in various applications, valve anchors such as discharge electrodes, tungsten inert gas (TIG) rods, probe needles.
Pure tungsten rod specification:
1.Material:W>99.95% pure tungsten
2. Size: diameter 10*100mm (various sizes are available)
3. Material density: 19.3 g/cm3
4. Melting point: 3420℃
5. Features: low thermal expansion rate, good thermal conductivity, high elastic modulus, low resistivity
6. Usage: Spot welding electrodes.
7. Surface: sintering/forging/swaging/rolling/grinding
2.Tungsten Rods surface finish:
Black:Surface is "as swaged" or "as drawn"; retaining a coating of processing lubricants and oxides.
Cleaned - Surface is chemically cleaned to remove all lubricants and oxides.
Ground - Surface is centerless ground to remove all coating and to achieve precise diameter control.
3. Tungsten Rods available size:
Forged rods size: Diameter(2-100mm)*Length<2500mm
Strainghtened rods after drawn diameter 0.3-3.2mm
Tungsten Rod Picture:
4. Tungsten rods chemical composition
|Content of Tungsten
||Content of all other elements
||Content of each element
5. The application & features of tungsten rods:
High melting point (3410 centigrade)
Low thermal expansion
High electrical resistance
Low vapour pressure
Good thermal conductivity